Tuesday 11 June 2013

BANANA 3, YOU GUYS!


This recipe is becoming legend in my house, and one of these has travelled to France. Unfortunately it wasn't the best one I've made so some dude in France thinks I'm not a very good cook. The one I made after that was phenomenal. Typical. ANYWAY. This...is Banana 3.

So, first off, you need to be prepared for this. If I buy a bunch of bananas, and they get a bit too spotty and old, I bag them and they go straight into the freezer. You need three of them for this recipe so start saving your bananas. They make the best banana goo when defrosted, and that only takes a few hours. I used to do this with banana loaves but I never liked the chunks of banana you got in them so I looked for cake recipes, and there was the answer, whizzing them in a food processor. Not too messy either.

Ingredients:
4oz butter
6oz sugar
8oz self raising flour
3 medium bananas
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 190C/375F

When bananas are thawed, whizz them up so they are a banana goo. Put aside. 



Grease and line a tin, any shape will do but I prefer the round one.



Cream sugar and butter (or margarine) together. Add the eggs and beat so they are fully combined. Add banana goo and mix in well.



Stir in honey then sift in flour and cinnamon and mix well.



Pour into tin.



Cook for 30 minutes, then turn down to 150C/300F and cook for 20 minutes more, not opening the oven. Just turn that sucker down.



Get it out, let it cool on a rack. eat.

It does tend to get moister (is that a word?) as the days go on, but hot cake in your mouth is just too damn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment